Monmouth County Divorce Lawyers
New Jersey Family Law
When most people hear the term “family law,” divorce immediately comes to mind. However, family law encompasses a much broader spectrum. Our Monmouth County divorce lawyers provide experienced legal counsel on a number of issues and offer strategies to reach a fair resolution when it comes to complex family law matters, including the following:
- Adoption– Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. assists clients seeking to grow their families through adoption. Our experienced Monmouth County adoption lawyers can help guide you through the adoption process and address any legal questions or concerns that arise.
- Alimony & Spousal Support– Alimony refers to financial support awarded to one spouse after a divorce. A number of specific factors must be reviewed and considered before any alimony determination is made.
- Child Abuse, Neglect and DYFS/DCPP Matters– The Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP) investigates charges and acts to protect children from neglect and abuse. Specific rules apply to DCPP cases, and our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to successfully represent those in child abuse matters.
- Child Custody– We are often able to negotiate favorable child custody agreements for our clients through mediation, but we are always prepared to fight in court if necessary. We can also assist parents seeking to modify existing child custody agreements.
- Child Support– A statewide formula is used to calculate child support payments in most New Jersey child support cases. If special circumstances exist, such as unusually high medical expenses or a significant change in income, we will help you achieve a solution that protects the best interests of your child(ren.)
- Collaborative Divorce– Monmouth County collaborative divorce lawyers at the Law Offices of Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. advise and represent clients in collaborative divorce and mediation. Achieving an amicable divorce agreement without litigation can save you time, money, and stress.
- Divorce & Separation– Although formal legal separation does not exist in New Jersey, couples may choose to enter into a separation agreement before filing for divorce. Our attorneys strive to ensure that your family’s needs and financial future are protected in a separation or divorce agreement.
- Domestic Violence– If you are a victim of domestic violence, or if you have been falsely accused of domestic violence in New Jersey, it is important to contact a Monmouth County domestic violence lawyer at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. as soon as possible. Your lawyer can take steps now to ensure that rights are protected.
- Equitable Distribution– New Jersey requires an equitable distribution of assets in a divorce. Our highly skilled Ocean Township divorce lawyers fight for our clients’ best interests and financial future.
- Fathers’ Rights– Ocean Township child custody lawyers at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. recognize the importance of equal parenting rights and the challenges fathers may face in child custody disputes. We provide strong legal representation for fathers in child custody and parenting time cases.
- Grandparents’ Rights– If your access to your grandchild has been denied or restricted, Monmouth County grandparents’ rights lawyers may be able to help you obtain visitation rights.
- High Asset Divorce– Divorce proceedings and equitable distribution of assets can be much more complicated for families with large assets. Ocean Township divorce lawyers at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. are experienced in successfully handling high asset divorce cases.
- Parenting Time– Parenting time can be a contentious issue in a divorce. Sometimes it is possible to negotiate a mutually acceptable parenting plan; however, in other cases a judge will make the final decision. Our Monmouth County child custody lawyers fight aggressively for the best interests of our clients and their children.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements– Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements clearly define each spouse’s rights and responsibilities in case of future separation. These agreements can prevent future stress and conflict if a marriage ends unexpectedly.
- Same-Sex Marriages– State and federal laws concerning marriage rights have changed drastically in the past decade. A Monmouth County marriage rights lawyer at our law firm can answer all of your questions regarding marriage equality and equal rights for LGBT couples.
- Wills & Estates– If you do not have a will, have one that needs updating, or are involved in an estate dispute, the respected Ocean Township family law attorneys at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. can help.
A trained mediator can help you and your spouse navigate the divorce process with as little confusion, animosity, and additional expense as possible. Mediation also allows you to maintain some control over the decision-making process. Our divorce lawyers are skilled mediators who can help you reach solutions that you are both comfortable with, avoiding the high cost and unpredictability of a trial.
When mediation becomes impossible, litigation may become necessary in order to protect your legal rights. Our Monmouth County divorce lawyers are highly skilled at navigating the complexities of the divorce process. We will protect your interests prioritize the issues that are most important to you.
Frequently, issues arise after a final judgment of divorce has been entered. If your former spouse fails to meet his or her court-ordered obligations, or if financial circumstances have changed substantially, further legal intervention may be necessary, including modifications to child support, custody agreements and alimony.
Family law issues require lawyers who not only know the law – and the nuances of those State laws that play a significant role in many cases – but who also understand the whole picture as well as the individual pieces comprising that picture. Each family law case is unique. There is no single boilerplate solution that applies to all cases, and that’s why we don’t take a boilerplate approach. We look at each case individually to provide the best tailor-made solution.
Monmouth County Divorce Lawyers at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. Advocate for Families
Monmouth County divorce lawyers at Fox & Melofchik, L.L.C. help you understand your legal needs and help ensure that you achieve the results you need. We serve as your advocate and fight hard for your results. Our attorneys have over 80 years of combined experience resolving delicate family law matters with care, agility, sensitivity and hands-on service. We offer compassionate counsel and aggressive representation.
To schedule a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION with a reputable Monmouth County divorce lawyer, call (732) 493-9400, or contact us online. Our office is conveniently located in Eatontown, New Jersey, where we proudly serve personal injury clients in Monmouth County, Middlesex County, Ocean County, Mercer County and the New Jersey towns of Long Branch, Asbury Park, Middletown, Ocean Township, Freehold, Wall, Belmar, Sea Girt and Neptune.